Throughout this Privacy Statement, we refer to your 'personal information' which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your home address and home telephone number are examples of personal information.
We will post any changes to this Privacy Statement on the contaltravel.com.au website, so we encourage you to check this Privacy Statement from time to time.
In addition to the provisions of this contaltravel.com.au website Privacy Statement, there may also be specific and additional privacy provisions that apply to certain sections of the contaltravel.com.au website. As those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy protection, we recommend that you review them wherever they appear. In the event of an inconsistency between the provisions of this contaltravel.com.au website Privacy Statement and those other specific and additional provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
1. Information Collected
The information about you which we may collect through the contaltravel.com.au website includes any messages or comments you submit to us via the contaltravel.com.au website. Information collected includes:
- any details you provide to us as part of a fare or travel product or service query or quote request;
- any details you provide to us in the process of booking or acquiring a travel product or service;
- any details you provide to us in the process of becoming a registered user of the contaltravel.com.au website;
- any messages or comments you submit to contaltravel.com.au via the message board facility;
- any messages or comments you email contaltravel.com.au or contaltravel.com.au's employees, officers or agents, which may include personal information such as your name and email address;
- information collected when you participate in an online survey; and
- your email address if you subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists.
If you wish to acquire travel insurance via the contaltravel.com.au website then you will be required to advise if you have a pre-existing medical condition. This information is required by and will be provided to the travel insurance provider, but will not be otherwise used by contaltravel.com.au.
All personal information you provide to contaltravel.com.au over the internet while acquiring a travel product or service is passed through a secure, encrypted connection. The connection is over a protocol called secure sockets layer (SSL). contaltravel.com.au uses a strong form of SSL encryption (128-bit), which provides a very high level of protection against unauthorised access.
Once your personal information and any payment details have been received by contaltravel.com.au's computer systems via the contaltravel.com.au website, we take all reasonable precautions to securely pass and store that information in contaltravel.com.au's database system.
If you have not proceeded to purchase products or services on which you have requested a quote, then after 30 days any record of that quote in our system will be removed.
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to the contaltravel.com.au website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the contaltravel.com.au website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the contaltravel.com.au website.
The contaltravel.com.au website may offer interactive facilities, games, calculation devices, and fare-finders. If you use any interactive features, we may, but generally do not, capture personal information which you enter when using these features.
You may browse through information-only areas of the contaltravel.com.au website without providing any personal information to us. However, we may not be able to provide the full range of services through the contaltravel.com.au website if we are not provided with the information outlined above.
2. Message Board
This contaltravel.com.au website provides a 'Message Board' facility where you can post to a public forum your information, content, comments or opinions. Please be aware that you should be cautious before submitting any personal information using this facility, as that personal information will be publicly available to all other users of the contaltravel.com.au website. Please note that other users may be located outside Australia.
3. Emailing contaltravel.com.au
When you send us an email, the contents of your email is retained by contaltravel.com.au online in contaltravel.com.au's email system. Any personal information contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Privacy Statement. The message content may be monitored by our service providers or contaltravel.com.au employees for purposes including trouble shooting, compliance auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
4. Use and disclosure of information
We will use or disclose personal information that we collect through the contaltravel.com.au website or email:
- in accordance with this Privacy Statement;
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
- for the main purpose(s) for which we collected it, or for related purposes which you would reasonably expect, which may include:
- subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), to provide you with information relating to contaltravel.com.au or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you have previously advised us that you do not wish to be contacted for those purposes;
- purposes related to contaltravel.com.au's research (including market research), planning, service development, security, testing and risk management;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of the contaltravel.com.au website; and
- where a third party acquires, or wishes to acquire, an interest in contaltravel.com.au
We may provide the personal information we collect through the contaltravel.com.au website or email to third parties. The types of third parties to whom we would usually disclose that personal information may include:
- the ultimate providers of travel or related products or services which you seek to acquire via the contaltravel.com.au website (for example airlines, hotels, insurance companies);
- our service providers who assist us in providing the contaltravel.com.au website and our products and services (for example internet and technology service providers, and our auditors, mail houses and delivery companies); and
- organisations with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (and any agents used in administering such arrangements); and
- contaltravel.com.au's related bodies corporate.
The contaltravel.com.au website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. Access to information
If you wish to request access to any personal information which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the "Contact details" set out below. Please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing the information to you.
8. Contact details
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us as set out below:
133 Goulburn Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Version 1 - 13 Feb 2006
Subscribe to the mailing list
Get the latest deals plus details on new Speedy technology as it comes online.